Surrey Blues is a registered Charity (No. 1145352), reliant on fundraising, donations and grants to enable it to develop and achieve its objectives. The club has been granted FA Charter Standard status and we are very proud of the progress that it has made since its beginnings in 2005.
The project focuses on enabling young adults with a range of learning difficulties and/or disabilities to participate in organised coaching and fun footballing activities, in a safe, caring and enjoyable environment designed to maximize players abilities.
The scheme offers a vibrant football-for-all educational and social programme supporting adult players , as well as running weekend football fun festivals and a coaching programme for young adult players interested in further developing football and independence skills. Surrey Blues currently have 3 teams and are regular participants in the Surrey FA Football For All league.
The scheme aims to give each player:
* A structured specialist coaching programme with experienced disability coaches, developing individual, team and game skills for all levels of abilities.
* A challenging range of competitive regional and national fixtures, ability banded to suit the needs of each individual.
* An opportunity to compete against the top disability teams in the UK and abroad.
* Improved knowledge of the game and opportunities to develop healthy living, independence, basic and life skills.
* Pathways to further develop skills and abilities within regional and national representative squads within the disability game.
The scheme also seeks to support player inclusion into local mainstream teams or schemes where appropriate.
Surrey Blues use the Walton Xcel Leisure Centre 3G pitches for our in-house training sessions, our league matches and also our friendly matches.
For enquiries please email email@example.com